Links for New York State Employees
- NYS Governor's Office of Employee Relations
- GOER provides access to the negotiated agreements between the State and its public employee unions, and provides additional employee relations resources.
- Orientation to Employment in the Empire State
- The orientation handbook is a one-stop resource provided by GOER for information on the civil service system, employee benefits, leave time, and more.
- GOER Training & Development
- GOER'S Workforce & Organizational Development Unit provides learning opportunities to New York State employees.
- Prospective State employees on a Civil Service list and current State employees looking for a new position can search and browse through New York State career opportunities at StateJobsNY.
- NYS Department of Civil Service
- The Department of Civil Service administers the New York State Civil Service Law as it governs the appointment, promotion, and transfer of personnel and administers health, dental, accident, and life insurance programs covering State employees and retirees.
- New York State and Local Retirement System
- The Retirement System's web site provides information to members, retirees, and employers.
- NYS Deferred Compensation Plan
- The NYSDCP is a voluntary retirement savings plan that provides quality investment options, investment educational programs, and related services to help State employees achieve their retirement savings goals.
EAP Self-Help Resources
The NYS Employee Assistance Program has compiled self-help links in a number of categories:
- Alcohol & Drug Links
- Budgeting / Finance Links
- Child Care / Parenting Links
- Education Links
- Health Links
- Mental Health Links
- Problem Gambling Links
More New York State Agencies
- New York State Home Page
- The central location for e-government in the State of New York.
- NYS Office of Alcohol & Substance Abuse Services
- OASAS offers toll-free helplines, treatment services, and information on the prevention of substance abuse.
- NYS Office of Children & Family Services
- OCFS has wide-ranging responsibilities for the provision of services to children, youth, families, and vulnerable adults.
- NYS Department of Health
- "Information for a Healthy New York." Includes health services for the general public.
- NYS Office for the Aging
- Find information concerning services and programs for older adults.