Work-Life Services HomeDirections: Pre-Retirement Planning Seminars

Retirement Planning Tips for New York State Employees

Tip of the Month

February 2016 - What documents will I need to apply for Social Security?

The Social Security office may need to see certain documents in order to pay benefits and help Social Security decide how much your benefits should be. The documents you'll need will depend on the circumstances of your claim. The documents they may ask for are:

For more information on your Social Security benefits go to: or call (800) 772-1213.

Archived Deferred Compensation Plan Retirement Tips

Archived ERS Retirement Tips

Archived Social Security Retirement Tips

Archived NYSHIP Retirement Tips

Archived Retirement Insights from NYS Retirees


Back to Top

Back to Top